Friday, January 27, 2012

SUPER CHEESEY HASHBROWN CASSEROLE!


2 bags frozen hashbrowns)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2c sour cream
5c of sharp shredded cheddar cheese (lots of cheese, I know.)
1 green or red bell pepper, diced
1/2 large onion, diced
2t garlic powder
2t salt
2t white (or black) pepper

  1. Chop the onion and bell pepper into a small dice.**
  2. Add the seasonings and sour cream and cream of chicken soup and 3 cups of cheese.
  3. Mix everything together.
  4. Put mixture into a 9x13" greased baking pan.
  5. Top with remaining cheese.
  6. Bake in oven at 350 for 1hr and 20min. (If you're using the frozen hashbrowns may be done sooner, also, leave covered for the first hour.)
My version didn't get very brown on top but I'd rather have gooey cheese rather than crispy cheese so that is up to you.

I also make this at work and put crushed corn flakes on top but If you're like me, you'd much rather have CHEESE.
OK.
 I'm going to go stuff my face with this deliciousness now! :D



**You can add meat to this as well to make it a great breakfast casserole!







Even my aunt's dog liked it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment