Monday, June 10, 2013

PEACH & APPLE PIE BARS.


Crust:
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
  • 1 cup (2 sticks or 8 ounces) unsalted butter, very-cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 sugar
  • 6 to 8 Tbsp ice water
I didn't really worry too much about the dough being "perfect". Just combine all of it until it sticks together. I actually froze this crust because I had made a pie for March 14th (Pi Day) and I had extra so I froze it. I just got it out the night before I made this.

You're going to want to grease the 9x13 cake pan and crumble the crust into bits and press it up the sides half way then press it all down on the bottom.

Filling:
6 ripe georgia peaches, peeled and chunked
5 apples (mine were about the 2-3" around so they were on the small side), peeled & chunked
1/2c brown sugar
1/2c sugar
1/2t nutmeg
1/2t cinnamon
2t vanilla
1c flour, I kind of guessed with it since I wasn't sure how much to put in. I made it so the peach juice thickened up a bit, a little runnier that pancake batter if that helps.

Mix everything together and pour over the crust.

Topping:
1/2 stick butter
1/2c brown sugar
1/2-3/4c oats

Mix all that up in the bowl you made the filling in, should be able to form into a ball  and just sprinkle all around the top, it'll spread a little.

Ok. Oven at 350F, bake for an hour. I checked it at 40min then let it go another 20 cause it was still jiggly.
I also let it sit for quite awhile when it was done so it firmed up and the topping crisped up.

THEY'RE DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment