Saturday, August 10, 2013

Creamy Corn Salad

Ingredients:

10 ears of sweet corn
1 (10 oz) container plain yogurt
1/2c miracle whip or mayo whatever.
3 scallions
2-3 roma/plum tomatoes
3/4c shredded cojack cheese
salt
pepper
paprika
garlic powder
onion powder

Directions:
  1. Shuck the corn and break in half. Pretend silk is hair. Put 5-6 ears in a pot to boil. Add a little salt. Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes or until the kernels are tender.
  2. Once the corn is cooked use tongs and get them out of the water and put in a big bowl of ice cold water to stop cooking but also cool the corn so you can cut it up faster without burning off your fingers.
  3. Add the rest of the corn to the hot water and once again cook until it's tender.
  4. While the other corn is cooking and the other cooling, make the dressing. Mix the yogurt, miracle whip, salt, pepper, paprika (I put in 1 1/2t), the 2 powders just put a couple of shakes in, maybe 1/2t.
  5. For the scallion I cut off the very tips at both ends cause we don't use those. I made small slices at the white end maybe half an inch or so. Then on the green end for color I did about an inch and a half. All precise measurements here folks.
  6. If you're making this on the day of, you can chop up the tomato now, if not, wait until the day of. Same for the cheese, leave it out until day of or it gets soggy and no one wants that.
  7. Ok so the corns are done cooking and you add those to the cold water. Now time to start cuttin corn.
  8. In the bowl I'm going to mix it up and serve it in (you can also put the other items in this bowl) I put an upside down bowl that is smaller than the whole container so that I can sit the corn on top and use a knife to cut off the kernels. Video demonstration on youtube if you're confused.
  9. Ok now I didn't need all of the sauce right now so I only used about 4T of it and stirred everything together. When it's the day of I may add the rest of it if it got dry sitting in fridge over night. If you're making this the day of, go with what you feel. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life.
For fun you could easily add some bacon right before serving and I have even seen people add corn chips. I think it turned out pretty tasty myself so I hope everyone else likes it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment