Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lemon Cream Cake

This is also from the same website as the bread post. Lemon Cream Cake
I borrowed Yammie's picture to further entice you to make it!




The only thing different that I did was one half of my 9x13" pan was a raspberry curd instead.

1 1/2 handfuls of frozen (but then thawed a little) raspberries, pureed then strained thru a sieve type thing. If it doesn't equal 2/3c add a little water. I added a little lemon zest too and then just make it the exact way you do the lemon curd only without the lemon juice.

I used 1qt of heavy whipping cream and whipped it all up in the mixer and added 1/2c sugar and a little lemon zest.

The cake gave me a little trouble since I did it in a 9x13. I probably cooked it 30-40min but PLEASE test it before you let it go that long. My main issue was that the bottom was still a little goopy. Trust me, it really wasn't a big deal to have it goopy, don't worry about it.

Everyone really liked it. :)

Think of a lemon meringue pie minus the meringue and crust and put it with cake instead. It's delicious.

I borrowed Yammie's picture to further entice you to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment