Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Royce's & My Cauliflower Cheese Soup


    1 head cauliflower, cut up into bits, remove as much stem as possible
    4c water (or can just use all chicken or vegetable broth but omit the bouillon cubes)
    1 potato, peeled and cut up into a small dice
    2 chicken bullion  cubes
    A few dashes of:
    Salt
    Pepper
    Crushed red pepper flakes
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder
    1/4t minced garlic
    1/2 block cream cheese


    Directions:
  1. Put everything in a pot except for the cream cheese. Boil for 20min or until the cauliflower & potatoes are tender.
  2. Once veggies are tender, put them thru a ricer, I just used a spider whisk and did it right over the pot until I got all the pieces  picked up. If you don't have a ricer or just don't want to do it this way, a blender would work great as well, just be sure to allow the steam somewhere to escape or you'll have soup everywhere.
  3. Check seasonings.
  4. Add in the cream cheese once everything is all riced/blended.
  5. Cook for another 10 minutes to heat thru.

  6. Serve.
    I topped mine with croutons.

    Notes: 
    This would be also great with carrots in it too! Just cut those up into small pieces like the potatoes. OOO! 
    Add a dollup of sour cream too!
    My cream cheese was right out from the fridge and I had issues breaking it down so either get it to room temp or just nook it for a little bit to soften it. 
    I also had too much water in the end (I have adjusted the recipe)
     so I made a slurry (broth & corn starch) but if you follow the recipe you should be alright. :)

1 comment: