Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Banana Bars

I got this recipe from work, shh don't tell!

The original recipe is for a half sheet pan. I only have a 9x13 cake pan so I halved the recipe. I will give you my changed recipe and to get the half sheet double it. To get 2 half sheet pans, double that. lol. It's all scientific here, I promise.

Preheat oven to 350F, in the time it takes you to whip these up, your oven will be preheated.

1c sugar
1/2c softened butter
2 eggs (the original recipe had 3 eggs and you can't exactly do 1 1/2 eggs so I did 2)
1/2t vanilla

Cream above together.
Add your b-a-n-a-n-a-s & 1c sour cream. I had 2 in my kitchen so that's what I used. Original says 3.

1/2t baking soda
1 1/2c flour

Add to creamed mixture.
I added a little milk, maybe 3/4c because I didn't have the 1c of sour cream on hand, you could use milk like I did or yogurt or even applesauce!

Grease a 9x13 pan and pour in batter. May have to spread it out and tap the pan to get out the bubbles.
Bake in the 350F oven until it's golden brown, usually when you start to smell them, they're done. Mine were in for around 25min.

My husband doesn't like cream cheese so I just make a simple frosting of powdered sugar, butter, and a little milk. By all means make a cream cheese frosting tho! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment