Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Supper

Pan Fried Pork Temple Cutlets with Cream Gravy, Coleslaw, and Greenbeans

1# Pork temple cutlets
4T minced white onion
1/4t minced garlic
butter
salt & pepper
2c milk (I used whole but 1%-2% would work)
1T corn starch
2T corn starch
1 can green beans
1 bag coleslaw
1/3c sugar
celery seed
3/4c miracle whip
lawrey's seasoning salt

  1. Make the coleslaw.
    1. I like to combine the miracle whip, celery seed, sugar, salt and pepper, and from 1/2- 1c of milk in the bowl and stir it all together. Just eyeball the milk, you'll know what consistency you'd like better than me.
    2. Then I stir in a little bit of the coleslaw at a time, seems to work better at combining that way.
  2. Season the raw temple cutlets with lawrey's seasoning salt and pepper.
  3. Heat 2 pans (one large & one small) with nonstick spray and butter. Mince the garlic and onion. I put most meat in one pan and then like 6 pieces in another small cast iron pan so that I'd get the brown bits from the meat for flavoring the gravy.
  4. Once the meat in the small pan is browned, transfer to the large pan, add water, cover & let steam.
  5. Sautee the onions and garlic in the small pan with a little more butter. Add 1/2c milk and let it cook.
  6. Make the slurry of cornstarch and water & SLOWLY WHILE STIRRING add the cornstarch. I didn't need all the slurry so don't dump it all in!
  7. Let the gravy thicken, I had to add more milk to thin it back down so whatever you feel is the consistency you like go, with that.
  8. Time for the green beans. We put our's in a microwave safe bowl, drained of course. Add a T of butter and sprinkle of lawrey's seasoning salt and microwave on high for 2min.
By then everything should be done. Put the gravy over the cutlets and enjoy. :)
I would've loved to have some delicious fudgy brownies with ice cream but we have neither so just popsicles is what we get I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment