Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Royce is a chicken.

He kept wanting to grab the food off the plate and I hate that we don’t really have the availability of space to eat on the floor together on a mat so he can feed himself/ work on feeding himself.

Of course we’d put him in his high chair & let him self feed but he hates sitting in it. More often then not, he sits on our lap while we eat and he’ll eat off of our plates. He’s been really picky lately, not sure why. Today he is eating ham loaf which he seems to love so that is good.

So about this chicken thing. I put a few chunks of food on the towel for him. He then squatted down and started pecking it like a chicken. lol. He’s never seen a chicken up close but it’s just what it reminded me of. He’s done that with snow, cheerios, and noodles too.

He really loves to feel the texture of all the food. Right now he is poking the patty with his finger, then hitting it with the spoon. I’m all for feeling items & things, that’s how he learns. Sometimes he would rather play with the food than eat it OR he’ll get so distracted by feeling the food he won’t eat it.

We’ve had an issue lately with him eating the food then chewing it for a few minutes then spitting it out onto the floor. I’m not sure if he just doesn’t like the texture of the food even tho he has eaten the food before and liked it or what is going on.

I am worried about how he will be when he is big enough to sit in a chair or when we are finally eat around the table as a family because since we hold him in our lap now or if he wants to get down, we let him and he’ll go do something else for a few minutes then come back. I just hear parents saying “sit there and eat your food or go without” and I don’t like that. I want Royce to eat his food but I don’t want to force him. I just want him to eat and if he wants to take a break in between, who am I to deny him food?

I just don’t know and I hope Brad will understand or agree. And I hope that over time, Royce will learn to just eat his food and not take breaks which really they’re only like 5 minutes in between and he’ll learn to sit in a chair and all that other stuff.

I’m just worried about my son turning into one of those kids that are complete brats in public places and that I will be judged even at like my mom’s house for Royce not wanting to sit in his chair and what not. I think we’ll be ok with the discipline bit so he won’t be a brat but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment