Monday, February 21, 2011

Banana, Zucchini, Carrot, and Raspberry Yogurt Bread/Cake









This cake is amazing! Super moist and flavorful. I had originally wanted to make a soup today so I found some pork sausage…well then I wanted to make biscuits and gravy… then I wanted to make sausage, potato, and onion soup.. and then I noticed that my mom had stew meat out and beef stew recipes out. So, I dropped that idea. I noticed the bananas on the counter so I decided to make first strawberry banana bread. We didn’t have any strawberries like we usually do. Then it escalated to Banana, carrot and zucchini cake. Then I was in the fridge to get out the butter and I saw raspberry yogurt. So that’s what happened.  See how my brain jumps from one idea to the next? Pretty awesome how I came up with this yummy cake! It is delicious and I will make it again! (P.S.- I made this cake yesterday and it's already gone today. Last night over half of it was eaten! :D )







Ingredients:


1/4c shredded carrot (I had to use baby carrots so about 9-10)
1/4c shredded, no peal, zucchini (I had puree in the freezer so I used that)
3 mashed bananas
1/4c raspberry yogurt
1/2c room temp, butter (leave out over night or nook in microwave)
1c sugar
2 eggs
2c flour
1t baking soda
1/2t salt
1 bundt pan

Directions:
1.      Mise en place! (Everything in it’s place) Measure out all of the ingredients, shred the carrot and zucchini, mash the bananas, etc.
2.      Preheat oven to 350F.
3.      Cream butter and sugar.

4.      Add eggs one at a time. (Crack into a separate container first to make sure they are good).
5.      Add mashed bananas, carrots, zucchini, and yogurt.


6.      Then slowly incorporate the flour. I do this in increments of 3, so as not to over mix. Over mixing causes dry, horrible texture and bread! (this is true for all baking things)

7.      Transfer batter to bundt pan (I haven’t had good luck with loaf pans burning on outside and runny in the middle).




8.      Place in oven for 30 min, check doneness and add more time on if not cooked through.

  I added a simple cream cheese frosting.
1/2c powdered sugar
1 block cream cheese
2T vanilla
A little bit of water to thin it (if necessary).


No comments:

Post a Comment