Monday, February 28, 2011

Beef Enchilada Casserole/Lasagna


Ingredients:
1/4c Salsa
1/2c Sour Cream
1 ½ # ground beef
Tortillas
Salt
Pepper
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, deveined/seeded, minced
1 small onion, minced
1 taco seasoning packet
2c shredded cheese

Directions:
1.      Cook ground beef with onion, garlic, jalapeño.
2.      Drain grease. Add taco packet and water (however much according to packet directions).
3.      Mix sour cream and salsa to the hamburger.
4.      Grease casserole dish.
5.      Preheat oven to 350F
6.      Cook for 15 min or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Layers:
1.      Meat
2.      Tortilla
3.      Beef mix
4.      Cheese
5.      REPEAT.
6.      Top with cheese.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, whatever you have with your tacos. This is actually more like lasagna than enchiladas but it’s what my mom calls it (all the while horribly pronouncing “enchiladas” wrong. She says “an-chill-ah-dahs.” She’s close to getting it right but it’s “ehn-chee-lah-dahs”. Lol. I get annoyed when people mispronounce words. Such as… jalapeños (ha-lah-pain-yos) chiles (chee-lays) uhh yeah. There are many more that I may rant on at a later time and not to get me confused with some uppity cook, I just like to stay close to the food I make and that means pronouncing it right.
  My mom likes to add black beans with the hamburger mix but I didn’t do that today because 1. I accidentally forgot the black beans and 2. *whispers* I’m not exactly a fan of the beans in it. I typically like to add whole kernal corn for some color but I forgot those too.  :) Hope you like it, very simple and just something a little different than tacos!












No comments:

Post a Comment